Friday, February 1, 2013

I am a new blogger so in this first attempt at penning my thoughts on a regular basis, I hope that my dear readers, should I attract any, will provide me some feedback. I was told that this blog needs to have a theme or a reason for being. I have yet to come up with one so I will write anyway until a theme or a reason appear. I am not new to writing so I hope that typos and bad grammar will not turn you away. Although I cannot guarantee there won't be some of that too. After all, we have editors for a reason. I think you will find me to be a very transparent person. I usually tell it like it is. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I like to make people laugh with my writing and cry as well. You might do a little of both here on these pages. I know I will.

Anyway, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I come from Kansas and I have a dog named Toto. No really. Currently, I live in Geauga County, Ohio, which is about 30 miles from Cleveland. We love our little bit of country but right now I am looking out at snow. We are in the snow belt. I think maybe 6 inches fell this morning. I am ready for spring.

I have four children, two girls who live at home, one son out on his own and one son in jail. My three youngest are adopted from the foster care system. The oldest is biological. I have one Border Collie who I show in agility. She's a little crazy but we love her. Toto is my old Cairn Terrier buddy. We don't know how old he is but he can't walk straight and has bad breath. We love him anyway. I hope when I old and can't walk straight and have bad breath, I will be just as loved. Oh wait, that's me now, hahaha.



My blog is called Grace Notes for many reasons. I am so grateful for the grace of God who gave his son to die on a cross for me. I am grateful for the grace that he gives every day. Grace is unmerited or undeserved favor. God favors me every day with his love and his presence. His grace is sufficient for me. (2 Cor. 12:9). Sometimes it may not look like God is even hanging around but I know he is there. I know he will never leave me or forsake me. 2012 was a difficult year but I am believing that 2013 will be awesome.

Well, 2012 wasn't all bad. I had my first book published. The Grace Assignment came out at the end of October. It's about a young man who questions his faith and then is put in a challenging situation of adopting three orphan children. It has a little murder mystery, some romance and a story of God's grace running through it. Check it out at www.thegraceassignment.com or you can find it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, as well as other fine retailers.

That's about it for now. The Lord willing, I will be posting about once a week. Hopefully you will learn more about me and my writing endeavors. God Bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment