Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just keep writing, just keep writing. I have Nemo in mind today as I struggle to keep myself away from Facebook and other online pursuits. No, I'm not really hooked on Temple Run like my girls think, but it is fun. Anyway, they suck up my time and keep me from doing what I need to do. Then I get a phone call or two and before I know it, my girls are home from school and I'm transporting or cooking dinner or any number of "important" things. It's funny because I love to write and when I get in the "zone" I can go for hours. Sitting down at my computer and getting started is just so difficult. I am also re-reading The Hiding Place this week and Corrie is in jail, just finding out that her father has died. I really want to get back to that. Just keep writing, just keep writing. And so I am.

As a Christian, I also have to find time to seek God and his direction for my life. Lately He has been speaking two words to my heart. "Trust Me." Every time I question what is going on in my life he comes back with "Trust Me." Why should it take so long just to trust him I don't really know but I am forever in awe of what he does for me. Trusting Him should not be so difficult. Lord, help me to focus on you and not on the world and it's problems and temptations.

I joined two awesome writer's groups this week. I am overwhelmed by the ideas that the John 3:16 Marketing Network has but I am ready to dive into this organization with both feet. A shout-out to all my new friends. You are doing awesome things and I am so grateful to be a part of it. Also, the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) has welcomed me with open arms as well. I will be connecting with them locally and state-wide very soon. Thanks. You are all an answer to prayer.

I also got my first royalty checks this week. Ok, they were pretty small but I am believing for bigger things in 2013. If you haven't already, join me on Facebook and like my page The Grace Assignment and join me in the fun at facebook.com/tnighswonger.








3 comments:

  1. All the best in your new ventures. Do you plan to put a follow button on your blog so that folks can follow you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find how to add the follow button. Can you help?

      Delete
    2. On the layout page click on 'add a widget'. It will come up as one of the options. Once you add a widget you can move it around

      Delete